Vitamin C blend – Ester C 500mg, citrus bioflavonoid 100mg , rutin 50mg , quercetin 100mg per capsule – total 100 capsules per bottle
Vitamin C (as Ester-C®** calcium ascorbate)
These 4 ingredients work synergistically to improve immune system, cardiovascular system, pulmonary system and reduce inflammation!
We have formulated an incredible vitamin C product using a non-acidic form of vitamin C that is gentle on the stomach. Lack of C causes: bleeding gums, hemorrhages, impaired ability to heal from wounds, dry eyes and mouth, muscle weakness, fatigue, anemia, anorexia, depression and kidney disorders, cancer, heart disease.
Our PROTECTION supplement contains non-acidic Ester-C® which is a breakthrough patented formula that contains naturally-occurring Vitamin C metabolites and is quickly absorbed. Its unique manufacturing process neutralizes pH, making it gentle on the digestive system. Ester-C® along with Citrus Bioflavonoids delivers advanced antioxidant protection, remaining active in the immune system for up to 24 hours!
Ester-C is the most patented Vitamin C brand in the world and, since its benefits are supported by science, you know you are giving your body the advanced immune support it shouldn’t be without.
During the Ester-C patented manufacturing process, vitamin C metabolites are created. These naturally-occurring metabolites activate the vitamin C molecules in Ester-C, making it easier and quicker for the body to transport them from cell to cell for numerous health benefits.*
Non-Acidic and Gentle on the Stomach
In a recently published study, individuals sensitive to acidic foods were given 1 gram of vitamin C as ascorbic acid or as Ester-C. Subjects reported heartburn significantly more frequent and severe after intake of ascorbic acid and subjects rated Ester-C as tolerated very good significantly more than ascorbic acid. So for anyone who has difficulty tolerating vitamin C, it is comforting to know that Ester-C has been clinically shown to be non-acidic and gentle on the stomach.
Why Take Ester-C?
Ester-C functions biologically like other forms of Vitamin C, providing antioxidant protection against free radical damage, healthy skin, joint and vision support, cardiovascular wellness and maintenance of the immune system.* However, Ester- C offers so much more quick absorption by the body and
24-hour retention in the immune system.*
Plus, since it is non-acidic, Ester-C is gentler on the digestive system, even when taken at high doses.* The main benefit of Ester-C® is its absorption and retention in the immune system.*
Advantages of ESTER-C
• Several hours after taking Ester-C, the vitamin C concentration in the blood is twice as high as it would be after taking buffered or regular vitamin-C;
• The loss of vitamin C through urine after taking Ester C is six times lower than after taking ordinary vitamin C;
• Ester-C is the only form of vitamin C that does not cause digestive problems, not even when using large amounts;
• Ester-C is the only form of vitamin C that does not affect tooth enamel. Ordinary vitamin C, especially the popular “chewable form,” is very bad for teeth and should be strongly discouraged.
• It is processed in purified water instead of solvents which makes it a purer form of vitamin C;
• May support healthy immune function • Powerful antioxidant
• May minimize the effects of bruising
• Important for gum health
• Prevents scurvy
• Aids in absorption of vitamin E
• May support healthy histamine response
• May support healthy cardiovascular function • Essential for the production of collagen
• Shown to strengthen blood vessels
• May support healthy brain function
• May increase iron absorption
• Essential for proper adrenal gland function
Bioflavonoids are water-soluble plant pigments. They are naturally occurring chemical compounds that are important to maintaining optimal health. A scientist named Albert Szent-Gyorgi who called them “vitamin P” discovered them in 1936. Since then, over 4000 bioflavonoids have been identified and scientists believe that many more will be discovered in the future. The term bioflavonoid refers to many different ingredients and includes hesperidin, citrus biofalvonoids, rutin, quercetin, to mention a few. They perform a wide range of functions, for example: they protect capillaries, prevent bruising, and provide support for a number of other biological functions. Most importantly, bioflavonoids enhance the effects of Vitamin C by improving absorption and protecting it from oxidation. Conversely, bioflavonoids work best when given with Vitamin C.
Bioflavonoids along with Vitamin C are also essential to skin health. To summarize, as a group with other polyphenols, flavonoids have been linked to many health benefits as a result of their antioxidant properties.
Research Indicates it ….
• May support healthy cardiovascular function
• May enhances the effects of Vitamin C
• Shown to strengthen & increase permeability of capillaries
• May support healthy eye function
• Acts as a powerful antioxidant
• Assists the body with transmitting nerve impulses
• May support healthy inflammation response
• May protect low density lipoproteins (LDLs) from oxidation
• May support healthy immune function
QUERCETIN is an flavonoid (plant pigment) commonly found in fruits and vegetables, especially onions, citrus, and apples. Other sources include dark berries, grapes and olive oil. Green tea and red wine have also been pointed out as having notable amounts of quercetin. The benefits of this flavanoid are numerous: supports normal respiratory health by acting as a natural antihistamine. Protects against allergies. Inhibits redness and improves contact dermatitis. Supports cardiovascular health by encouraging blood flow and protects against LDL cholesterol oxidation which causes plaque in the arteries. Promotes balanced blood pressure. Offers blood vessel health to decrease hemorrhoids and varicose veins. Offers protection against stress and can help lower cortisol. Numerous studies show quercetin has bronchial dilating effect and relaxes airway smooth muscle to help with upper respiratory conditions. Boosts immunity. Shuts down cancer cells etc. Bottom line… Quercetin offers a broad spectrum protection for the body.
RUTIN is a natural substance found in a number of plants and foods, including buckwheat, black tea, apple peels, onion, and citrus. Rutin along with Quercetin offer numerous benefits for blood vessel protection, inhibition of platelet aggregation and assists in making blood thinner and improve circulation. This makes rutin excellent for reversing varicose veins and hemorrhoids. It has also been found to be valuable in treating inflammatory bowel disease and arthritis.